Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

 We had a really nice Christmas.  We saw all our family and it was nice to have Mark home for and extended weekend.  This first picture is Lulu Christmas Eve right before she headed to bed in her new pajamas that Grammie-Goo made for her.  Levi was already asleep. 
 Christmas morning my parents came over before the kids were up so they could be there to see the excitement of them opening up gifts.  Here is Lulu running out to the living room.
 Levi's being shy.
 Here is Lulu digging through her goodie-bag.  We were going to use stockings but these bags worked so much better.  Levi's in the background inspecting his new Tonka dump truck.  Mark had the same exact one growing up.
 Mark and I both agree that Lulu is looking too old.  We can't believe how fast they grow.  People tell us all the time that it goes fast but pictures just seem to prove it. 
 Here is Levi opening up his Matchbox cars that Mark picked for him.  I think Mark wanted them so he could play with them too.
 Here's Lulu giving me a hug after I opened up her gift to me.  A beautiful necklace that she picked out herself.  When Mark took the kids out Christmas shopping one Saturday they came home and Lulu told me she couldn't tell me what she got me.  But she did tell me that I could sell the necklace I had on....lol.  She picked out a little sliver heart with rhinestones in it.  I love it and haven't taken it off yet. 
 Mark's office just moved to a new building and Mark's new desk has an entire wall of windows.  He's been saying how he needs a plant for his desk with all the light he gets.  So Lulu got him a cactus and Levi gave him a really neat curly leaf plant....don't know the name.  He loved them!
 Here is Levi playing with his new dump truck.  He's got his own way of making the truck dump. 
 For Christmas we got Lulu her own jewelry box.  I found this tool box and filled it with hair things, beads, necklaces and some other fun trinkets.  She loves going through my jewelry box, so now she can organize her own. 
And here is Levi sporting his new pajama bottoms that Grammie-Goo made him.  They have little VW beetles and buses on them.  We ask him where the beetle is and he bends over and points to his pants with both pointer fingers while saying "beetle." 

Later that day we headed over to my parents house.  I didn't get ANY pictures over there.  We were having too much fun.  My mom made a wonderful assortment of food that we nibbled on all afternoon while we visited with family.  I hope that I can be as hospitable as my mom someday. 

2 comments:

dee dee said...

Wonderful Christmas!
I didn't know that your Mom made Levi's PJ's too! Love them!
Dee Dee

corners of my life said...

It is fun to see how excited LuLu was about the gifts she was giving. Such a sweetheart!