Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa!!

My mom and her dad a month (May 2006) before he passed away. We all wish you were still around to see Lulu and Levi join our family. I got pregnant with Lulu a month after Papa passed away. I have so many memories of him. I will never forget the New Years Eve that my brother and I spent with my grandparents. Grandma had gone to bed and Papa let us stay up to count down to midnight. I was about 8 years old so this was a big deal for me. At exactly midnight we all ran up the stairs from their basement (where the T.V. was) and went out to the front yard and banged pots and pans to make as much noise as we could. I will never forget that. We miss you!

1 comment:

Christine said...

This is wonderful!
I miss him too.
Thank you for remembering Papa Jack.
~sigh~