Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Volkswagen Car Show

This past weekend Lulu asked Mark if we could go look at Volkswagen's. She was just thinking small toy Volkswagen's but Mark had an even better idea. Since it's summer Mark was sure that somewhere, someone was having a VW car show. So he got online and looked it up and sure enough there was one about 20min from where we live. So, Mark pulled the car seats from the mini van and squished them into the back seat of our VW bug and off we went to the show. This really is a roomy little car for all four of us. But now when we have more children we will have to get a VW bus. I really liked this red convertible. I would drive this in a heart beat.Mark and Lulu both liked this Karmann Ghia.

Here's a blast from the past. On the left is me now standing next to a camper bug. And the one on the right is me in 2002 by the same bug at a show Mark and I went to.
Here's a picture of Mark and I back in 2002 at a VW show. Ok.....now back to our recent pictures. Lulu loved the color of this bug. She saw it and just started pointing at it while walking towards it. This was Mark's pick for "best in show." We had ballots and had to vote on the different categories of Volkswagen's we saw. We told Lulu to pose next to this bug and so this is what she did....LOL. Here is Levi and I standing in the shade waiting to hear the results of the voting. We had a fun afternoon and had some really fun memories from when Mark and I used to go to these shows when we were dating. Lulu and Levi had so much fun they both fell asleep on the way home.

2 comments:

Christine said...

When I look at these pictures, you haven't changed much at all. Then again... ~sigh~ have changes so much!
Great family picture with all of you in the VW.

Is There Anybody Out There? said...

Kimmy....Someday, I'm sure, Lulu will be driving Levi to his first football practice in her red VW convertible, telling Levi the whole way to 'knock somebody down today'.....