Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Our Sweet Silas

 Friday, March 28th 2014 we took Silas to the doctor for a cough.  I had a feeling it might have turned into pneumonia and I was right.  They sent us to the ER for a chest X-ray.  While we were there they decided to admit Silas because his oxygen level was too low.  It was around 86-89.  Once we got up to our room the doctor came in and listened to Silas and heard a heart murmur.  He ordered a echocardiogram.  Later that evening the cardiologist came in and shared with me that Silas has 3 congenital heart defects and needs open heart surgery.  We have to go out of state to WA for this surgery since Boise doesn't do this type of surgery.  Such a blessing because my parents live 30min away from the hospital Silas will be at and will be able to help watch the kids.  
I will update more as we go.  

2 comments:

Christine said...

"God is good!", yes, God is good!

Is There Anybody Out There? said...

I cant wait to see you all and hold you all. Except Mark on the holding part.

Tom G.