Friday, May 14, 2010

A Sunny Spring Day

Today we did just about nothing. Actually we did a lot of playing. It was so warm and sunny out today that we spent the entire day out in our backyard.
Levi played on the blanket and Lulu found thousands of things to do Here she is playing in the dirt with her sand toys. Then it got really warm so I let Levi go free......it's good to take a break from diapers.Then I thought I should probably get his sun hat for him and a new diaper. I slathered him coconut oil too. That's what we use for sunscreen. Up here in the Pacific Northwest we don't get enough vitamin D so the coconut oil protects our skin from burning but yet we get all wonderful vitamin D that store bought sunscreen blocks. Lulu had fun painting with water all over the place. The patio was a great canvas and so was the shed, fence and my shoes. Here is Mr. Happy. I tried putting him on the grass but he didn't like that. The blanket turned into a play-pen because he would not crawl off of it by choice.
Levi loved just looking around. When a bird would fly by he would just watch it. He noticed airplane too. Here's Lulu digging in the dirt some more. She dug a good size hole. She said it was a house for spiders. I told her "good, be sure to bury them too." She just looked at me like "why?" Then after a full day of playing Lulu asked if she could get her swimming suit on and get the pool out. So she went swimming! She had to have her noodle too. That pool seemed a lot bigger last year. Here she is going for a dip. I think she's ready for the deep end........she's mastered the kiddie pool, or at least out grown it. Lulu was having so much fun. I think the entire neighborhood could hear how much fun she was having. Levi and I even went for a dip. And once Mark got home he got in too. We had a great day full of fun. This little pool is now officially out in the yard for the season.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Grat day to be outside and playing. What fun!
Can I come over and play in your pool?
I promise I won't splash.

dee dee said...

What a great day playing outside!
You are such a wonderful and creative Mom!
Dee Dee

Susan said...

I can't think of a happier child than one that is outside enjoying a beautiful day! And I'll bet Mama was happy because the kiddos were happy! Lovin' those beautiful smiles!
Blessings!