Friday, May 28, 2010

Fifth Anniversary

Five years ago today Mark and I got married in Seattle, WA. I was 22 years old and Mark was 29. It was a beautiful, sunny, HOT (90+°) day. Both Mark and I had so much fun at our wedding. We didn't stress over anything so we had no disappointments. I can't believe it's been 5 years! We have had so many wonderful moments. Yes, it's been hard many days but we believe God gives us our spouses so we can be more Christ like. Mark and I wouldn't change a minute of our last 5 years....well maybe that one day back in 2006......just kidding.
We got married in a church that was 100 years old. This wasn't our church but we liked it and our pastor could marry us in it.
Here is my dad walking me down the aisle. Growing up we would always talk about "when" he would walk me down the aisle. We would talk about what we would be talking about, inside jokes and how special it would be.....and yes, it was special. This was the only time I got nervous, but once we started walking I relaxed and enjoyed seeing everyone.
Here is my mom and I. She was my wedding planner/support person. We had so much fun planning it. We had what we called "Wedding Wednesdays." The only time we would do anything wedding would be on Wednesdays. This way we didn't get overwhelmed. It turned into a very fun and special time for us.
Here is our wedding party. Both Mark's brother and my brother were in our wedding. Mike is Mark's older brother and he's standing right next to Mark. Todd is my older brother and he's in the front row on the very left. The rest of the party were friends and two cousins.
As a wedding gift some friends of ours took us from our reception to our hotel on their boat. The hotel we stayed at was across the lake from the church where we got married in so it worked perfectly. They made it really memorable for us. They had refreshments waiting for us and we got to go watch the sunset on Lake Washington. It really was a nice relaxing time after the hoopla of a wedding and reception.Here we are after our fun boat ride.
The next morning we had to catch a plane to Puerto Viarta, Mexico......stay tuned, I have pictures from that coming tomorrow.

5 comments:

dee dee said...

Kimmy,
Happy Anniversary! You looked so pretty on your wedding day! Simply beautiful!
Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Kimmy and Mark.....5 years later and I still
cry. Big baby that I am.

Love you both. Your Daddy

Christine said...

When your Dad cries, so do I!
Yes, it was a fun wedding, every step!
Mark asking us for our blessing,Wedding Wednesdays,Showers,Rehearsal dinner,and especially the Wedding.
~ahhhh~

corners of my life said...

What a beautiful post about your wedding. It is so clear what a blessing it is to you to have such a close family. Congratulations and I wish you a life time of reasons to celebrate . . .

Kelsey said...

Wedding wednesdays, how neat. What a great idea. Love the black dresses on the bridesmaids. I get tired of the standard mauve peach green purple things everyone wears. kelsey adn I already talk about her wedding. we tease her daddy that he should start saving now. She actually is considering being a wedding planner. She LOVES weddings. What a beautiful couple....