Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Redmond, WA 2013 - Part 3

 My parents decided to sell the home I grew up in.  They committed it to the Lord and they were blessed beyond what they expected.  Their house sold in 3 days!  They had a bidding war and sold for much higher then they asked.  God is so good and truly is blessing their obedience and faith.  I was hoping to be able to see the house one last time before it closed.  We made it by just a few hours.  They signed papers the day we visited.  It was fun to see the house one last time.  My parents bought this house when I was only 6 months old.  Lots of wonderful memories were made here.  
 The front yard.
 When Mark and I had Lulu, my parents first grandchild my mom decided to plan raspberries for her and any more grandchildren that would come.  We have enjoyed the raspberries each summer.  The kids always loved picking them.  It was truly a blessing that when the kids ran over to the bush to see if there were any, they found 3 big red ripe ones just waiting for them.  One last treat from Grammie-goo's raspberry bush.  Isn't God so amazing to give us such good gifts that are so meaningful?  
My parents planted this palm tree when I was in 6th grade.  My grandparents moved and my parents got one of their small palm trees.  It used to be tiny and it's been a fun tree to watch grow.  
 My parents planted a rose garden and we have always enjoyed the roses that grew there.  I always had beautiful roses from my mom during the summer.  
 This window is my old bedroom I had from 6 months old to the day I married Mark.  Before the hedge grew tall I used to be able to look out my window and see a horse pasture in our neighborhood.  I could watch the horses running around.  Then they sold the horse pasture and built a new neighborhood.  
 This is my mom's kitchen.  Many hours spent here in the kitchen eating at the island and cooking.  One fun memory was a mashed potato fight we had.  Believe it or not, my mom was the one to start it.  We had mashed potatoes everywhere and it was so fun.  That's a fun memory! 
More to come....

1 comment:

Christine said...

Thank you Kimmy for posting these memories!
(I'm trying not to tear up.)
God has blessed us! First with the wonder home and then to have it sell so quickly and the list goes on.
Oh the memories!