Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Menu for Camping

Top on the list of my menu for our upcoming camping trip this weekend is Breakfast Biscuits. This is a recipe from Mark's mom Connie. Mark LOVES these and we are going to reheat them in foil on the cook top and put country gravy over them.
Fist you make biscuits and then roll them out flat into a circle. Like my rolling pin? Maybe Santa will bring me a nice marble one this Christmas. Then after spraying the muffin pan, place the dough over each cup.
Then fill with your favorite filling and pinch the top closed. In our Breakfast Biscuits I put cooked ground sausage, chopped mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and about a tablespoon of beaten egg.
Then I put them in the oven at 350 ° for about 20min. Next on my menu is home made chili and corn bread muffins. Then we will be grilling marinated pork ribs....yummy! And our veggies will be grilled kabobs.
We also are going to have Costco's famous muffins for breakfast. The rest of my menu is:
Bacon, Eggs, Hash browns
PB&J sandwiches
Chips and Salsa
A HUGE Summer Sausage from Costco, Triscuits, Cheese
Jiffy Pop Popcorn
Brownies
Smore Makings
And
Coffee, Coffee and Coffee
Well, we are off to go camping tomorrow morning.

8 comments:

KELSEY said...

Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip. And by the way the food looks really really yummy!!!!

Love,

Kelsey

Christine said...

Oh My Gosh... you have turned into a fantastic cook. When you lived in our home, you didn't even know where the kitchen was!
Have fun, take pictures and don't forget to call your mother.

XOXOX

Christine said...

Oh, I forgot to add that I'm sure you won't go hungry! Plenty of food for all of you and a few visitors (do you want company?).
Just kidding!

Not Just a Waitress said...

Sounds DELISH!!!
And you are so PREPARED!!
Have an AMAZING trip!! :)
I am definitely going to have to try the breakfast biscuits recipe. :)
Blessings!!

dee dee said...

Kimmy,
I'm going camping with you next time... all we ever get is hotdogs and bratts! I'll have to try your menu next time we go! Can't wait to see the photos from your trip!
Dee dee

corners of my life said...

I wonder who will be sleeping in the blue tent while your dad recovers and your mom plays nurse? I can't wait to try the breakfast biscuits. I think I will use biscuits from a "tube" and save one step. Have fun.

Is There Anybody Out There? said...

Kimmy....don't believe everything you read on your posts. We're 2 tents down....It's blue, and it leaks. And I'm hungry.

Kelsey said...

The breakfast bites look especially yummy!! Hope you make many awesome memories to treasure for years to come!