Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

 Mark and I celebrated Valentine's Day by attending a marriage conference put on by Family Life called The Art of Marriage.  It was a Friday evening and all day Saturday conference.  They put on a nice candlelit dinner for all the couples Friday night. Mark and I both came away from it very encouraged and thankful because it was all about the gospel message of Jesus and God's design for marriage.  Sometimes you go to things that are put on by a church and it turns out to be all man centered or mans ideas.  This conference was not that at all.  We would highly recommend it.  Mark and I had a great time together and laughed a lot, cried a bit, learned a ton and was very encouraged.  I think any marriage needs a good refresher now and then, no matter what stage of life you are in.
 Then yesterday, Valentine's Day we surprised Mark with a lunch at his office.  He was thrilled.  It was just a quick lunch from Costco but the point was getting to see daddy during the day.  
 Then Mark took us out into the warehouse and gave the kids rides on the forklift.  It was a very fun Valentine's day.   
Yesterday morning I woke up to roses and chocolates!  My favorite.  Mark knows that I love the big heart box of chocolates.  I know it's so typical but really Mark know that's all I want.  I love sampling all the different chocolates.  Really it's my perfect gift.  Then last night we had wonderful steak dinner and Mark and I relaxed and watched a movie while sampling the chocolates.
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Roman 5:8 (NASB)

2 comments:

dee dee said...

Kimmy,
Happy Valentines Day to you and your beautiful family! God's blessings on you!
Dee dee

Is There Anybody Out There? said...

I love forklifts....I love Costco....I love my grandchildren......I love my daughter Kimmy...and I really like Mark. Swell.
Tomg