Friday, April 1, 2011

28

 Yesterday I turned 28 years old.  I had a wonderful day.  Started with breakfast in bed....carrot cake!  Then ended with a fun pizza dinner and birthday cake.  My parents came over to celebrate and I got to open some fun gifts.  The part of my day that I think I will remember as most special is making lunch for my children.  This is no special thing, I do it every day.  But I stood there in the kitchen spreading peanut butter on the bread and just thinking about how blessed I am to be 28 and home making my children lunch.  I remember back to my 21st birthday and Mark (boyfriend at the time) and one of my friends took me out to lunch.  We sat in the bar, since I was 21.  It seemed really fun then, and we did have a nice time.  But I would rather be in my kitchen making lunch with my children.  Lulu and Levi both on their own sang me "Happy Birthday." Mark took them shopping a few nights ago and they each picked me out something on their own.  I love being a mom.  I love the hugs and kisses I get daily.  I love the funny stories that Lulu tells me and the pretend things she likes to play.  It's hard work and not always fun.  I have been a mom now for almost 4 years.  I know that God gave Mark and I children so that we would draw closer to Him and daily be on our knees asking for wisdom and grace.  This truly has been one of the best birthday's I have had.  
 Here we all are with my parents.  My brother and his wife Stephanie were going to come but Stephanie got the flu.  We sure missed you guys!
 Here is my DELICIOUS cake that Mark ordered from our favorite bakery.  It was very good.  That little finger is Lulu's.  She had to make sure it was good before we all ate it.
Here is my mom and Lulu putting candles in my cake.  In the background you can see my dad reading to Levi.  

3 comments:

dee dee said...

Kimmy,
Happy Birthday! It felt like I was part of your excellent celebration! Thanks for sharing!
Dee Dee

corners of my life said...

Family celebrations are the best. Lucky you.

Anonymous said...

I want some of that cake that Mark didn't want.
Does this mean I was 28 years younger when you were born? What part of Heaven did you come from? See any of my family up there when you left? Love you Kimmmy! Daddy.

PS. I need to read your posts more often....