Thursday, May 30, 2013

Our Day

 We are sort of back to the swing of things.  Lulu's finishing up her workbooks....she's doing so well.
 Silas is sunbathing trying to work on his jaundice.  We do this daily and he loves it.  
 The kids had a popsicle and Ila thought it was so funny she could see her red tongue.  
 Levi working on an activity.....dominos.  I'm doing laundry in the background.  Silas was napping.  Yep...back to normal almost. 
 Today Silas is 4 weeks old.  He's doing really well.  He's a happy baby.  He sleeps well and has some great awake time.  He is getting stronger and I notice more of natural schedule he's getting on.  I tell him to SLOW DOWN all the time, he just won't listen.  
 Today I was trying to do a million things...like usual.  Adding in sitting down to nurse.  I love the time I have with Silas nursing and I really try to enjoy it and not worry about all the things that need to be done.  I was praying that God would help me because I wasn't sure how I would do it all today.  It was getting close to lunch time and I was nursing Silas.  I figured that lunch would be a lot later since I hadn't prepped anything.  Then I just thought I would have Lulu make lunch.  She was so excited and asked me "make it with out you??" and I said "yes" because I was still nursing.  So I told her make whatever......I knew she would make a great lunch, plus I wanted to see what she would do.  It was fun to see her running around the kitchen being creative.  
She made:
Cheese stick wrapped in black forest ham
fish crackers
trail mix
carrots
water
It was such a blessing to have help with lunch.  I was telling Lulu how this might be her new job.  She was thrilled with this idea.  
 Here they are enjoying Lulu's lunch.
 Lulu has been so diligent about taking care of her tomato plant.  But we think the sun is killing it so we moved it to the front door with more shade.  Hope it survives!
Then to top off the day, after the kids were in bed Mark made me a big glass of lemon ice water.....he even made it pretty.  

No comments: