Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Grapes

 This week we are learning about grapes! Yesterday morning we woke up and I read a text from my mom that said "look on your front porch." She does this often, and the kids are always excited to see what she has dropped off.  Yesterday she dropped off this tray full of different types of grapes.  The tray was full.  Not anymore! She also printed a picture of grapes and all sorts of fun facts about grapes for us to talk about.  My mom will be helping us with homeschooling and have what she calls "Grandma Class."  She also is going to pick a theme for us to learn about and this week it's grapes.
 After my mom got off work she came over to the house and we all plied into the van to visit our local winery.  One of the fun facts was that grapes grow on a vine.  "What is a vine" was the question that came next.  Because we live in an area that has everything under the sun, we were able to go walk through a vineyard and actually see what a grape vine looks like not even 10min from our house.
  Lulu and Levi at Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery.
Did you know that grapes are 80% water? 

2 comments:

Christine said...

This is so much fun!
I like the idea you came up with to go and visit the winery.
I can't wait to show you what's next.

corners of my life said...

How fun.
Grapes for the kids.
Wine for you and mom?