Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

As we come to the TRUTH of our Lord and Savior who gave himself on the cross this day, Good Friday, I am reminded of the story of the two thieves. We today have one of two choices, like these two thieves:

1. We can rail against God and say "If you are such a great and powerful and loving God, why am I in this hellish mess?
2. We can acknowledge that we are sinners and don't deserve any good thing, and cry out for mercy and help in our time of desperation.

We pray for those who don't know what to do. We pray that they would chose not to get caught up in the railing, and by fearing God admit our wrong doing, noticing that our punishment should be on the cross instead of a man who did no wrong. So today admit that Jesus is King! and plead for help. "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." And know that Jesus is there to say to each of us "Today you will be with me in Paradise."
"Today you will be with me!"
The only thing I want to hear when we leave this life. Thank you Jesus!!!
Luke 23:39-49

No comments: