Sunday, April 29, 2012

Homeschool Convention

 WOW!!! I just have to say we were so blessed to attend our local homeschool convention this past Thursday- Saturday.   It was put on by Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington.  What a wonderful time that refreshed us and encouraged us to take this new step in our life....home educating. The keynote speaker was Voddie Baucham.  Lulu said "he's so funny, I like him."  He is so gifted and loves encouraging families to live for the Lord. 
 We were also so blessed to hear S.M. Davis teach.  WOW, he's another gifted teacher and also loves the Lord.  I got to talk to his wife and what a neat couple they are. 
 Mark was able to meet and talk with Douglas Bond.  He is a local author that will be speaking at a conference that Mark will be attending in June with Steven Lawson, John MacArthur and R.C. Sproul. Douglas Bond wrote the book THE MIGHTY WEAKNESS OF JOHN KNOX which is part of the Long Line of Godly Men Profiles series.  I have to say that when Mark with talking with Douglas Bond I was talking with his 6 year old daughter.  She was so well behaved and such a darling little girl. 
I wish I would have taken more pictures.  I met so many other home educating moms.  I met two moms who use the same Christian midwife as me!  Friday night was family night and they showed the movie Captivated.  What a great documentary, so eye opening! Phillip Telfer made this documentary and he was another speaker at this convention.  This years convention was packed full of amazing speakers and topics.  I wish I could have heard them all. 
Thank you to my mom for babysitting so we could go to this conference for a bit on our own. We can't wait for next years convention. Doug Phillips will be the keynote speaker next year.  If you are in our area I would highly recommend going.  What a blessing it was for us.    

2 comments:

dee dee said...

What a great calling Kimmy!
dee dee

Angel said...

My oldest is recently making his way through ALL the Douglas Bond books, so he was excited to see that you got to meet him :)